Home arrow Documents arrow Deed Restrictions arrow Application for Home Improvements and Modifications
Application for Home Improvements and Modifications

Click for the ‘Approved Color Palette’ (PDF format):

Approved Color Palette

Submit Architectural Review projects - to request structural changes to your home and monitor the status of your applications using your account from your TownSq mobile app or the TownSq website (https://www.townsq.io)

1) SIGN IN to your account on the TownSq website or mobile app

a) From the TownSq website select ‘Submit for ARC’ then select ‘+Submit Project’

b) From your TownSq mobile app tap on the ‘Menu’ icon (3 horizontal bars) then tap ‘Architectural reviews’. Tap the ‘+’ icon to begin a new request.

2) COMPLETE and SUBMIT the form as instructed.

ANSWERS To Frequently Asked Questions:

1) Where should I direct questions about this process?

Please reach out to Goodwin’s ACC team via email at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it You may also use the ‘requests’ feature to submit a general question about this process or email your community manager. Note that the team processing applications is reachable at 281-706-8950.

2) Is there a cost associated with submitting an ACC application?   No.

3) What is the response timeline when submitting an application?

Goodwin’s ACC team will process applications as quickly as possible but will have up to 30 full days to cast a verdict. The Voting timeline starts when application / request is set to Voting status and all necessary information has been received.

3) Do I have to submit an ACC application?

If you are making a modification to the exterior of your home, regardless of front, side, or backyard, then you will need to submit an application. This is to ensure that the intended project adheres to guidelines established by the association’s governing documents, does not create a hazard to neighboring lots, and does not detract from the overall aesthetic of the community or encroach on prohibited easements. Many variables are considered during the review of each application and the procedure is meant to protect property values for the homeowner, their neighbors and that of the association overall.

4) What if I ignore the ACC process and proceed with an unapproved project?

Please adhere to the ACC procedure in place. Unapproved modifications or projects run the risk of creating issues to neighboring lots if made in prohibited easements, or if done with paint colors that do not compliment the primary dwelling. Unapproved projects are considered violations and Goodwin’s Compliance team will issue notices to those suspected of erecting an unapproved structure or completing an unauthorized project. Worst case scenario might include the involvement of the association’s attorney and the restoration of the area at the homeowner’s expense if denied by the ACC.

5) What if I do not want to use TownSq?

We strongly recommend for homeowners to register on TownSq as doing so enables them to interact with Goodwin, the management company, manage their association account, and submit ACC applications.

If TownSq is unavailable, please send an email to This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it to discuss other submittal options.

We thank you for the opportunity to serve the community of Prestonwood Forest Maintenance and look forward to processing your next ACC application!